Monday, January 23, 2012

THE DOCTOR WHO EXPERIENCE! WHAT?

So, one of the things I was most excited for when I first decided I wanted to study abroad in London this spring was to attend the Doctor Who Experience. However, as I did more research into it, I discovered it was going to close a few weeks before I arrived in London. I was devastated. But then, one day, to torture myself over the fact that I couldn't go, I went to the Doctor Who Experience's website. And on the front page, it said that the Experience would be open until 22 February now. I still remember how much I freaked out. So, once getting to my uni in London, I made it my mission to make a Doctor Who friend as soon as possible and convince them to go with me. The very first night, I became friends with two other Americans who were Whovians (Michael and Evalyn). Michael agreed to come to the Experience with me, and we went on Saturday. It was perfection in the form of an exhibit.
The first half of the experience is a walk-through that makes you feel like you're walking through some of the places the Doctor has been and doing it all with him. It is amazing, but I don't want to give too much away. The second portion of the experience is an exhibit of several Doctor Who things: costumes, monsters, the inside of 10's TARDIS, the outside of two TARDISes. And then, there is a gift shop, which is dangerous because I wanted to spend all of my money there (but I managed to keep it under 50 quid).
Anyways, here's some pictures from the exhibit. Enjoy!







No comments:

Post a Comment