Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Museums

One of the really amazing things about this beautiful city is that all of the large, government-run museums in London are free to the public. So, on Sunday, me and my other international friends took the tube to the central part of the city and went to the museums. It ended up being a 10 hour day in the city, and by the time I got back to my flat at 8 pm, I was exhausted. But I really did enjoy the museums. Going to places like that would've cost me in the States, but here I was able to walk right in and see everything there was to be offered.

First we went to the Natural History Museum, which was gorgeous on the outside and inside:



Polar bears are my favourite animal, so I was happy.

Then, we went to the Science Museum, which wasn't that great:


A Dalek from Doctor Who in the Science Museum!

 Michael planking in front of half a Mini Cooper.

We finished our museum day at the Victoria and Albert Museum. I wasn't that impressed, but it had a beautiful garden that I want to come back and eat at when the weather is nice.


The garden.

We then finished our day by going to Harrod's, a world famous department store that is seven stories high and features things that are all way too expensive for me. However, there was a Harry Potter shop within Harrod's that was absolutely beautiful (and expensive since it had stuff used by the actual cast). But I still got extremely excited, and my friends and I had to pose for a picture in the Great Hall.

No comments:

Post a Comment