Monday, January 9, 2012

First Day

Today is the first day of class, and with that a touch of the slightest sadness has crept into my body and threatens to take over. It's not that I'm homesick, it's that I'm alone. One of my flatmates still isn't here, another has been in class all day, and I don't know where Scott, my other flatmate, has been all morning. All my other friends live in other buildings and are doing a thousand other things, so I'm sitting in my room, bored out of my mind, wanting some social interaction.
I had to walk campus about an hour ago to find my department's office to get a problem with my Writing London class sorted. Walking made me feel worse. I passed so many students talking to friends, having a great time. And then, here's me. I hardly know anyone besides the other international students, and I only ran into two people I knew while walking. I'm an introvert, but after the liveliness of the past four days, I'm not a huge fan of the silence and being alone.
I can't wait for tonight though. Re-Freshers week is about to start, which means going out and drinking every night of the week. Tonight, my uni actually sends free buses to take us to the club. So awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment